• Thursday, July 17, 2014

    Recycle old candles


    Candle lovers out there know how expensive it can be to burn candles every day as we love to do.

    This is a little trick that I had forgotten about since my candle making supplies are buried in my craft room, but I plan on digging them out soon!

    Back in the day when my yard was my Paradise, I bought candle holders on sticks and lined them down the pathways and placed here and there for effect at night.  It took lots of candles to do this and I would recycle them regularly.

    What I used were old juice glasses and custard dishes as well as my trusty decorated recycled glass jars.  They looked gorgeous out there at night!

    The tutorial will show you how to do it and what supplies you will need from the craft store.  It is relatively inexpensive to recycle your old candles.  Safety is always first, don't go wandering around the house while melting candle wax . . . I use a dedicated pot just for melting candle wax.

    You will look at glass items with different eyes when you go shopping as you can find some very interesting glass pieces that are appropriate for candles at yard sales, dollar stores and thrift stores.  Go through your collection of glass items at home . . . you never know what treasures you will come across that you forgot you even had!

    Click here for the tutorial!


    No comments: