• Thursday, February 13, 2014

    DIY Beaded Teardrop Earrings



    I love beaded jewelry projects.  Maybe it is since I have what seems to be an endless supply of vintage jewelry that needs recycling.  Another thing in my jewelry design stash are boxes of new vintage components that I purchased many years ago.

    What I love about this project other than the use of beads is the use of chains. If you have a large stash of vintage jewelry, you no doubt have lots of chain that needs recycling.

    Of course you can use new jewelry components as Aki, the original designer did.  Like most of us who make jewelry, she was inspired by a very expensive piece of jewelry she found on the internet.  

    You can also take the new techniques you learn from her tutorial to make an entirely different style. Wouldn't this make an awesome pendant for a matching necklace?  Let your imagination be your guide!  Being creative can be so rewarding . . . at least it is for me.

    Click here for Aki's tutorial.  Her blog, Minted Strawberry is a collection of different types of crafts and DIY projects.  She's got projects for the crafter in all of us!  I look forward to checking out more of her awesome blog.



    No comments: