• Saturday, January 25, 2014

    Colorful, casual and easy rag quilt


    Kristin from the blog, Write It Down, wrote about this awesome and colorful rag quilt she made using a tutorial from Creations by Kara.  The freyed edges reminded me of a technique I used for making denim appliques that created fluffy edges by the washing fabric many times until the desired effect resulted.

    It seems like since we have had a cold snap and I have become very attached to the only "throw" I own, I need to make more out of old fabric scraps from clothes I was going to donate.  This is why I hate throwing anything away! There is usually a way to recycle it.

    Although I would love to make a colorful throw similar to this quilt, I would also love to make one out of denim.  I especially love recycling denim! 

    I found this example on Pinterest, but the link was broken.


    This is the perfect project for a quilting beginner!

    Click here for an excellent tutorial from Creations by Kara.





    No comments: