• Thursday, September 20, 2012

    Crazy Quilt Denim Jacket



    Recycling jeans is the favorite of my sewing/craft projects!

    I did not make the jacket in the photo, but it sure did give me a ton of ideas for a future project!  I'm not a big fan of the crazy quilt technique since I like things to match, however, I was thinking of using the technique using scraps from the same pair of jeans.  Photo source

    Another idea . . . make the jacket and run it through the washer a couple of times with bleach.  This will give you a blank canvas to do all sorts of artwork on.  

    One of my favorite tricks . . . water down acrylic paint in a spray bottle . . . doesn't even need to be fabric paint.  Back when I was doing a lot of painting with fabric paints, I would use up the little bit of paint that is always left in the bottle for this method.  Crazy as it may seem, I would utilize the water I used to clean my brushes while I was painting for this method too.  Nothing goes to waste . . . I'm really frugal when it comes to using every little bit of craft supplies!


    With fabric embellishment, you are only limited by your imagination!  If you love glitz like I do, you can use beads, sequins, rhinestones, studs, fringes . . . any type of trim.


    Another thing I love to do is mix denim and lace!

    Now that I have given you some inspiration, start cutting up those old jeans and create something fabulous!














    No comments: